If you can relate to the following statements, odds are you're a county lister too.
1. This is your favorite page on eBird.
2. You like maps... a little too much.
3. You view this otherwise boring drive as an opportunity.
|Flyover Barn Swallows, here we come!|
4. You've used BirdLog at a rest area. More than once.
|White-throated Sparrow? Hell yes.|
5. You've looked behind you while driving, just to make sure that vulture you saw wasn't a Black.
|I still need you for Brunswick, you bastards.|
6. While driving down the highway, you got mad at your friend for seeing a bird that you didn't see.
|Sam being too happy about some bird Lucas probably did NOT see.|
7. You actually notice these signs.
8. You think the Texas Century Club is the best idea ever.
|I also thought that making this gimmicky map thing was the best idea ever. Go figure.|
9. You've drawn county lines across a map of a refuge so you can accurately make two separate eBird lists while in the field.
This was actually a big issue for Lucas and Sam. Feelings were hurt. Checklists were deleted. But this map solved the problem.
10. People know you have a problem, but you don't care.
|After all, you're probably having more fun than they are. By the way, this was a twitch and technically not a county-listing trip, but whatever. #NOLA|